ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Most of the laboratories under ECE Department are well equipped (like Microwave, Antenna,Communication Lab, Signal & System Lab). The Department has received funds under MODROBS scheme from AICTE, New Delhi. First MODROB fund of Rs 13,00,000/- has already been spent for modernization of Microwave and Antenna Lab. The second MODROB fund of Rs 14,50,000/- will be spent for modernizing of VLSI and DSP Labs. Each laboratory classes are conducted with thirty students at a time under the supervision of experienced Faculty members and Technical Assistants.
In these Laboratories the following measurements/experimental facilities are also available besides normal syllabus.
1. Electromagnetic field measurement by EMI/EMC sensor.
2. Measurement of cross-talk between two adjacent lines.
3. Study of Spread Spectrum Technology used in CDMA using CDMA kit, Spectrum Analyzer and DSO.
4. Measurement of high frequency by USB power sensor and Spectrum Analyzer.
5. Design and Develop different analog and digital circuits using Tanner-EDA.
6. Xilinx software and FPGA kit for Memory design, Counter design, MUX design etc.
The students of the final and pre-final Yrs. have delivered seminar/lectures for advanced topics in the area of Image Processing, Cognitive Radio, Voice Signal Processing, EMI/EMC, GSM Controlled Vehicle, Micro-strip Antenna design, Global Positioning Systems, FPGA based system design, Booth's 2 Algorithm implementation using VHDL programming.
Several papers have been published in National and International Journals and conferences by the faculty members of this department. One senior faculty has also been nominated for the co-chair person at the INCEMIC, 2008 held in Bangalore.
The department library is equipped with advanced books and National and International Journals. The department has an air-conditioned Seminar Room and a well equipped Project Laboratory.