The Electrical Engineering department, starting from session July-August 2009 with intake 60, shall be another feather in the cap for Bengal College of Engineering and Technology. With the vision of Industry-Institute interface, we are already proceeding for live projects for final year students, exclusive departmental library with rare books, reference books and audio-visual materials. We are equipping our power system labs with latest relays & switchgear to equip students for tomorrow’s power sector which is going to be the boom area for next 10 Yrs. in India. We wish students, teachers and industry would make best use of the opportunity.
• To establish a technologically advanced laboratory with all modern equipments so as to promote the research and development.
• To integrate academic programs with practical knowledge and co-curricular activities so as to promote the intellectual growth of the students.
• Motivated, enthusiast, knowledgeable and competent faculty members.
• Active experimental and development activities.
• Transparency in policy making and in execution and monitoring of academic programs.
• Continuously upgraded infrastructure and well equipped labs.
• Good student teacher interaction.
• To encourage academic excellence, creative research and developmental activities.
• To build up industry-academy interaction for overall development of the country.
• To emerge as a centre of excellence of national and global repute for the students, academicians and industries.
• Dedication for providing an enriched and supportive ambience of creative ideas by delving into the depths of young minds.
• Helping the young minds to produce best results for the development of self, society and the country as a whole.
• Producing highly qualified and motivated graduates through a rigorous curriculum of theory and application that removes problems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
I. Preparation: To prepare students to excel in post graduate programs or to succeed in industry/technical profession through global, rigorous education.
II. Core competence: To provide students with solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
III. Breadth: To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
IV. Professionalism: To inculcate in students professionalism and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
V. Learning Environment: To provide student with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.