Bengal College of Engineering & Technology is one of the best engineering colleges in West Bengal and this has been possible only because we and our students have always adhered to the code of conduct and the rules and regulations assigned to everyone in the college.
- Smoking, chewing of tobacco and gutka is not permitted in the College premises of one among the top 10 engineering colleges in West Bengal . Don’t spit on the walls, stairs, corridors and floors of the building and help in maintaining cleanliness inside or outside the college/hostel building. Students indulging in these bad habits shall be expelled from the college.
- Students are advised to keep identity cards with them, students who fail to show identity card may be sent back to their homes or may be punished for violating the rules.
- Treat all staff and fellow students with respect.
- Swearing and offensive language is unacceptable and liable for expulsion from college.
- Bullying is unacceptable.
- Misbehavior inside the class room shall make the student liable for expulsion from the college.
- Don’t bring outsiders in or out side of the campus to settle personal issues. In case of any problem put your grievances before the competent authority.
- Don’t pluck flowers or leaves and harm greenery created inside the premises.
In the Classroom
We at one of the top B.Tech colleges in West Bengal believe that it is the discipline and punctuality that brings success. We have a set of rules for students in the classrooms as well.
- Be punctual on college timings, late comers will not be allowed to enter in the classroom.
- Attend all classes and maintain 100% attendance.
- Keep mobile phone switched off. College does not take any responsibility regarding the security of the same.
- Be ready for taking all periods by bringing relevant books, files, pens and equipments.
- Don’t bring food or eatables into the classroom except bottled water.
- Respect your teachers and fellow students.
- Pay attention at all time in classroom, workshops and laboratories without disrupting teaching to facilitate proper learning environment.
- Always wear proper uniform as per College uniform code.
- Don’t sit idle or wander here and there during the college time or even in leisure time. Use the library / Lab facilities for better learning.
- Don’t damage the classroom/college property because strong action is taken against the guilty students individually or collectively.
- Don’t bring fire-arms or sharp edge weapons inside the College Campus.
- Students are jointly responsible for the safety of fittings inside the classroom.
Inside the halls of Residence
All students at one of the best engineering colleges in Eastern India are bound by the Code of conduct for halls of residence. Everyone is expected to follow the same.
- Accommodation in halls of residence will be provided after receiving duly filled application form along with deposit slip of accommodation fee. Application Form must be signed by the student and counter signed by his/her parents.
- Students will have to submit a written agreement on Rs. 10/- non judicial stamp paper stating that he/she will abide by the terms and conditions of the halls of residence and will not claim accommodation fee back in case of leaving hall of residence in any circumstances.
- Students shall have to annex a medical certificate with the application form for allotment of rooms in halls of residence that they are vaccinated against chicken pox,measles, Tuberculosis BCG, MMR, Hepatitis etc.
- It is necessary to occupy room within 7 days of its allotment in the hall of residence, if it is not occupied in the given period, then the room as well as the deposit will be forfeited.
- Students are expected to report at once to warden/ caretaker in case of infection which may turn in some serious disease of communicable nature.
- Students are expected to remain present in assembly at right time for attendance in side the hall of residence every morning / evening.
- Students can not stay inside hall of residence during college study hours without prior permission from warden.
- Students are not allowed to go outside during the scheduled Study Hours from halls of residence in evening, student found outside hall of residence during these hours shall be suspended from the college.
- Students inviting outsiders, anti-social elements into halls of residence shall be rusticated from the college.
- Occupancy of room may be terminated from halls of residence if student is found guilty of violating rules frequently.
- Students are not allowed to shift furniture or move anything from the room.
- Firearms and other weapons are not allowed, it may lead to termination of occupancy from hall of residence /expulsion from the college.
- Don’t shout or run in the passage of hostel and keep yourselves away from causing noise. Don’t play music on mobile, radio etc.
- Always switch off all electrical gadgets before going outside the room and don’t let the water flow unnecessarily. Be economical in using water and electricity.
- Students must refrain themselves from ragging anywhere in the college campus or the halls of residence.
- Students are responsible for the security / upkeep of furniture and fixture, fittings and other electrical appliances provided to them into their rooms by the college as well their own valuable personal belongings. Penalty will be levied upon the student who is found guilty of damaging above mentioned items.
- The Hostel Administration cannot be held responsible for loss of any valuable personal belongings of the Hostel Resident. It is the responsibility of the Hostel Resident himself/ herself to take care of his/her belongings.
- Smoking, consuming of alcohol, tobacco and gutkha etc are strictly prohibited.
- Boys are not allowed to visit the hall of residence for Girls and vice-versa.
- Keep the environment of halls of residence calm to get homely feelings which will help you to fulfill your goal.
- Guest may not stay overnight without the permission of Warden inside the guest room of halls of residence.
- Students shall leave halls of residence after handing over keys of room to warden / caretaker before going on to summer vacations / at the end of the Accommodation contract period.